Tuesday, April 15, 2008

port-o-cath surgery

Well, the "Port-a-Cath" is in and making its mark. I wish it was as fun as it's name makes it sound... like the "Tilt-o-Whirl" or something. They made it sound very minor, but so far there is a lot of pain...but I think it should pass quick, the pain meds are saving the day once again. They had to make 2 incisions, one on my neck (1/2") to feed the catheter and one on my chest between my boob and collar bone on the right (1 1/2"). That makes three scars now! I can now actively participate in scar stories when they come about. 'Nuff said about that.

For some reason I had a huge craving for hot chocolate chip cookies last night as I laid in bed high on oxycodone... So far I have tried not to ask to much of Jeff because I feel like a pain when I ask for help but I happened to mention this craving and so he hopped on down to the store and got so
me cookie dough! They were SO SOO GOOD.

I am pretty tired of being down, but looking forward to later this week when I can dive
back into school work. I am also tired of talking about this crap, so I have decided to talk about SPRING! I love spring in Portland. My lil' sport gardener, Jeff, did some good work this weekend. Here are some shots I have taken in the past few weeks.













No comments: