I have amazing family and friends. I want to thank everyone for all your support, its actually overwhelming at times. Having something like this happen makes me realize what I take for granted. I am sure it does for others too. I am constantly trying to find the positive in this situation. Having so many offers of support and help is really good for my spirit. It is hard to admit that I need help, being such an independent person. It makes me feel helpless and frustrated at times. I have come around and realized in just one week that I can't do it on my own, so bring it on!
My friend, Suzanne, with the help of of others at SERA has put together a calender on google for my schedule. On here we will post things that are needed like walks for porter, meals and rides to treatment. You can view this calendar with the link at the top left of this blog. If you want to help out, email Suzanne and she will grant you access (suzanneblair@hotmail.com) to be a user. She will also give you instructions on how to use the calender. She will be the point person. My friend, Carrie, who lives across the street, is up to date on my daily needs. She is the person to talk to if you want to know that I hate mushrooms or if there is a last minute issue. For example if you sign up to take me to treatment and something comes up you can of course call me, but she is also a good person if you can't get a hold of me. Her email is kieselhc@msn.com
This is really hard to do, but hopefully by accepting all the wonderful offers for help, it will take a load off Jeff and me. Thank you so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment