Sunday, April 13, 2008

T1 follow up

Well, it's been a couple of days since T1 and I'm doing ok. By ok, I mean better than I thought. The money I forked out for the extra good nausea meds is paying off. I have luckily had somewhat, even if not normal for me, of an appetite. I have, however, been really exhausted. Its so weird to be forced to chill out. If I get up and try to do stuff it kicks my ass. So, I lay down for about 10 min. and then try again. Because it's boring to rest!

The first night was really hard to sleep. Some of the chemo drugs cause insomnia. This is a weird feeling when you are actually exhausted beyond belief. They gave me drugs to sleep, but I didn't want to put more drugs in my body. That worked until about 4am when I was tired of feeling my head every 10 min. to make sure my hair was still there. I gave in to the sleepy pills.

Yesterday I had some good energy, I sat and read most of the day but wasn't too sleepy, just weak. Then I had TWO WONDERFUL SURPRISES! First was a delivery from amazon.com from Ms. Alverson. It's a wonderful dvd and book to inspire cancer patients in a lighthearted and fun way. I haven't watched it yet, but will let ya know how it is. Audrey rocks! THEN, Roberta came by with a bag o' fun and casserole! The bag had a bunch of organic lotion, soap, candles and best of all... vodka. It was this vodka we recently tried at the green home expo. Its really good, but I can't drink any for a few days. The bag also had some steamy novels and a loaner copy of Roadhouse, with none other than Patrick Swayze. I love that Roberta. Irene threw in a bag of yarn and some needles... they say they can teach me to knit, but I tell ya I have not picked up a lick of it in the past. I hope they can change that. It would be fun to knit at treatment since one of the IV drips takes 3 freakin' hours.

So, that's that. Tomorrow is the port placement in my chest. I'll try to update everyone on that fun stuff. Keep up the good ju-ju. Love D

No comments: