T2 update
Well... I'll just be honest. This treatment was a bit harder than the last. The good news is unlike last time, I didn't have to go in for the port placement only 3 days later. I am just far more exhausted and frustrated with the way I feel. I am so tired, but can't sleep. I also have heartburn and bloating from hell. These are things that don't make a girl feel very pretty! I thought today I would be able to get out of bed and whip out some homework, take Porter to the park and grab a few things at the store but that's all just a pipe dream. Proof, once more, that one of the hardest things about all this is just listening to my body and not pressuring myself to be that busy body I always am. There is a bit of nausea coming on today, which is new for me. However, I guess I'm lucky that it's just now coming on.
Some really marvelous things that happened this weekend:
- Carl's yummy chicken tamales and orange brownies on Friday night.
- The nice weather that allowed me to sit on porch so Porter could play out front.
- Some fine ladies coming over to make me delicious fondue and watch Juno with me (I was so exhausted but who cares! It could be chalked up to a cheese comatose)
- Katy and Steve (my childhood bestfriend, Micaela's, parents) dropping off a trunk-load of groceries and food. All I have to say is the way to this heart is lasagna and homemade cookies. Thanks again to the nausea meds! They also brought me magazines and flowers.
- Miss Suzanne taking Porter hiking on Saturday was soo awesome. He was bushed. It really took away some of the guilt factor I have when he stares at me with those big brown eyes. He is so good that he'll just chill on his bed, but my mama's guilt never ceases.
So for now, I will just try to work on this listening to my body crap. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but Jeff left Thursday morning for a boys biking trip to Moab. There are eight boys total that crammed in a van and I think all of them have sustained injuries already. It has been nice to have the peace around the house to myself, having all the help I do has made it very smooth.
Thanks again to everyone for pitching in. I do have another rant that I might find time to post tomorrow. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment