Friday, April 25, 2008

T2

Well, treatment 2 was today. I got there at 8:40am and didn't get home until 2pm. Thanks Carl for the ride there and Roberta for the ride home! I am super out of it, but since I'm not a napper I just keep going until my body forces a shutdown on me. I don't get it, I'm just wired that way. I know I should take advantage of the lazy free pass card, but it's hard. The treatment was a lot smoother going into my port-a-cath then my arm. It went quick and painlessly. I received some good anxiety drugs again...oh yeahhhhh, they're nice. My white blood count before going into the treatment was low, so I have to go in to the hospital tomorrow and get a quick booster shot. So hopefully it will elevate the problem. I guess I have a good excuse to stay out of public places.

So far no nausea. Well, I mean I take about 3 or 4 drugs for it so I'd better not have any! It's a good thing too since the girls are coming over tomorrow to make me oowey goowey fondue. I am dying for tomorrow to come. I guess I should nap to pass the time quicker. =) Tomorrow I also have an acupuncture appt. that I am SO excited for. It will be good to relax and fight the side effects in a more alternative way. Even if I have to take all these damn drugs at least I can use some good ol' eastern medicine.

I will write more later when I'm 1) not so drugged and 2) have a better idea of my response to this treatment. Say a little prayer to the hair gods for me! Ciao!

No comments: