Do something for me today... sign up for green power with your electric company if you haven't already. With everything going on with me lately the phrase repeated most is "what can I do to help?" or "anything you need, just let me know". Here is what I need: A less polluted earth. I know, I know, it sounds so cliche these days but seriously... Green power only adds about 10% to your power bill. So if your bill is $80 that is only $8 more!! I think it is totally worth it to ensure you have power that isn't producing any CO2. I'm sure you think that if you don't have green power there are those dams producing power near by. However, most of our power comes from burning COAL. About 55% of conventional energy comes from it. That is just plain dirty.
I know for some this is old news (sera folk) but I gotta put it out there. Anyway, I am putting links on the sidebar for you to learn about signing up today for green power. If you only do one thing "green" thing do renewable power pahleeese. If you are thinking, "wow! that felt good to sign up for green power, I want to do more!" Here is number two on my list. Support local. The farmers markets are opening soon and they have the most delicious stuff on earth. Also, the produce is more fresh AND cheaper because it isn't traveling from across the country. A few links of the ones I patron are on the side bar too. If you want my number three... ride your bike when you can, you KNOW you need some exercise!
WAY COOL thing I heard today. Broadway Cab has added 6 Prius hybrids to its fleet...thats really awesome, I hope others follow. Another thing I heard today... old school tube tv's use less power than lcds and plasmas. hmmm
If you came on here today to get an update about me, I guess I'll fill you in. =) I am still having a lot of pain in my left arm. My oncologist has been trying out different drugs to help but nothing is really working except LAME pain meds that are also narcotics. I know that a person should be happy to be able to legally use them, hell I could make some really good money. However, I hate them, I mean truly hate them. This weekend I got sick after taking for a few days. So, if I don't take any, I get pain. I am trying to balance it all. Because when I have pain I can't do anything like type. If I'm on them I can't do anything but I can type jibberish. No middle ground. So in the middle of the night I took some because I couldn't sleep and they are still in effect so I can type now which is nice. But I am now letting them wear off so I can drive to school ... but then I'll be in pain...whatta cycle. OH, I also found out the reason for the pain. The first chemo treatment was in a vein in my left hand. My veins are VERY small, I always have issues with them drawing blood and stuff. One of the four drugs is known to be harsh and while giving it the nurse had to go slower than normal and dilute with saline and lydocain. She had to give it to me in a certain time period so she would try to up the drip but it would hurt so she would dilute more. Anyway, long story short, my vein got damaged by being burned from this drug. I'm so PO'd, thats right, I said PO'd. Gotta boogie, remember, green power yo!
No comments:
Post a Comment