Friday, April 18, 2008
today's gripe
Just a brief update on me. I have had a pretty rough week. Lets just say that typing right now actually hurts. Tuesday I started having massive pain in my left arm. I contacted my surgeon thinking something went wrong with the IV site or something. She had me get an ultrasound to make sure there were no clots. Everything was normal. After talking to my oncologist we found out that this pain is a "common" side effect of one of my chemo drugs! Since they did the first treatment in my arm it got irritated somehow. So the nerves are freaking out, I'm in a ton of pain, and the only solution is pain drugs. They say it will go away, but its not. I'm pretty frustrated because I can't be productive on drugs. I will have to make sure to proof read this post a few times because I'm so out of it. =) Heres a pic of me at my first treatment courtesy of Valerie's cell phone.
I have a peve right now. The new arrowhead water commercials are really really annoying me. Ok, so maybe I'm being harsh because I'm stuck watching more tv than usual. I am not a big tv watcher, but being drugged up leaves me with nothing better to do. =) So the thing that annoys me about this commercial is that its for the "ecoshape" bottle. Give me a frickin break! So, it saves 30% on plastic... kudos to you, arrowhead, for doing something you should have done years ago. They still have regular bottles that don't save plastic. They even have an 11 oz. bottle especially for kids. So everytime your kid needs water you can give him his own special bottle...every time! The commercial says you are doing something good for the environment by using this bottle. What? You're still using plastic, something that is very harmful to the environment and your health. It irritates me that they are claiming that its good for the earth. Its better but not good. If you want to do something good for the earth, use a reusable bottle people. If your tap water is bad, get a filter. Enough said...sorry I had to get that out.
On a more pleasant note... Cydny, my two year old niece, got her first hair cut! She is such a ham. I wish she was closer so I didn't miss her growing up. Bri thinks they might be able to come up for my graduation, I really hope they do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment