Nothing.
Topic 1 - Oil: Sorry to mention this again, but I am so aggravated. There is another article on CNN this morning regarding Bush pushing Democrats to vote to allow offshore drilling. While I could go on and on again about how this really pisses me off, all I want to mention is that this article was below the drilling one:http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/07/30/canada.arctic.ice.ap/index.html
What I want to point out is this is ALL related. Everything goes around full circle. I can imagine, for some, it is hard when at the pump paying $4+ a gallon to think about how oil use is directly related to global warming. The issue on the forefront of the mind is economics. How can one afford these gas prices? What am I going to do? I need a more efficient car, the government should do something, etc. Sadly, the idea that being dependent on oil is the problem goes to the back of a lot of American minds. If we had ice shelves here in our country, you can bet we would care more, because it would directly affect us. We also might pay more attention if the ice shelves falling into the oceans would bring up ocean heights faster, covering up U.S. coastlines.
Topic 2 - Lungs: So, I went to Mr. P (its actually Mr. L. but we'll keep it P for simplicity) on Monday. He confirmed what I already knew. I got to see the x-rays, which was crazy, and I could see what was going on with little guidance. The lungs are on the mend thanks to the steroids and stopping the bleomycin. My lungs were definitely not happy, but I should be ok after awhile. Its more annoying than anything. My pulmonary capacity tests showed good capacity (air i could take in) but the area that needs improvement is the transfer of oxygen over the lung membrane to the blood. This basically makes me tire way more easily. This is very annoying because I am barely able to exercise as it is, but now its nearly impossible. I get winded doing laundry. This, along with the monster size bloating from the steroids, is super nice. So, I need to be monitored for a bit. Today I go in for a high resolution CT scan to see things a little closer/detailed. Then in two weeks we'll do another pulmonary capacity test and chest x-ray to see if there is any improvement. Long term, I don't know what this all means. I think I can completely recover, but who knows.
Topic 3 - Comments: On another note completely, the other day I was talking to Audrey and said something about how nobody comments on my blog. That is when she told me that it's not allowed. I guess I had some setting wrong. It's been fixed, so if you want, you may comment now! Not that you have to ... I like getting e-mails too. =) I haven't put a pic up in awhile. This is when we went out for Audrey's b-day.

3 comments:
comment, comment, comment...
hmmm...nice picture!!
I heart you Dawn, even if I don't heart Huckabees that much... See you soon!
Dawn you are a superstar!
Post a Comment