warning, might offend some
Good morning all! I love waking up, checking out CNN and finding out that El Pres is a bigger idiot than I previously thought. Lifting the ban on offshore drilling? I mean, seriously, this is the big solution? OK, so there is what we know just from the article.... we won't see immediate benefit, etc. Why isn't anyone talking about why these bans are there in the first place?? Do people even think about the effects of oil drilling? Land or sea, drilling DESTROYS the environment. Ok, so it's just earth, you know, dirt and so forth, right? I guess it's easy to forget about all the wildlife that will be effected when you haven't come into contact with it. That's how a lot of people get by in many facets of their life, they keep things faceless so they don't have to feel guilty. I have not studied where the deep sea drilling will be or exactly what animal life and environments will be effected. What I do know is that damage is irreversible. The damage done will never completely go away, even in hundreds of years. What about future generations? I have studied and wrote a research paper on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. This is another area that Bush is targeting. The refuge has already been reduced to a tiny piece of land that all the wildlife has been forced onto... kind of like Native Americans if you ask me. There isn't enough oil or natural gas there to justify ruining a whole entire landscape and putting hundreds of species at risk for extinction. I think (I do not have my research in front of me) there is only about 20 years of oil there. So that puts me at 50 years old. . . that's not much oil folks. There is a great documentary if you want to see more on this called Oil on Ice: The Fate of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. There are other great documentaries on the topic of oil that are very informative also. One is, The End of Suburbia and the other is Peak Oil. And if you don't believe that big oil is corrupt, please watch Who Killed the Electric Car.
Now, I understand that things will not change overnight. We have had awareness of this oil issue for some time now and some people have chosen to ignore the research. Great thinkers have come up with some good solutions, even if temporary, to ween us off of oil. All I'm saying is this, oil companies and the government should put their money into the future and not try to salvage our oil consuming past. OK, I will end this rant now ...
How Am I Feeling?
I guess that's why you logged on? Sorry, I just get so worked up about these things. I am actually quite (wait, wheres the thesaurus) tuckered out still. Usually I am good after a few days but the fatigue is lingering. I have a low fever so maybe I'm just fighting something off. I have been really lucky with bouncing back quick so I'll let this slide. This weekend was spent hanging around the house, it was so hot! I think Porter is a bit fed up though and would like some time swimming, I'll see what I can do. Homework is the other thing I did this weekend, good times. I HATE algebra. I do not understand why I put it off until the very last term. Its not a good thing to be taking when your brain is fried from chemo. I have a very nice and understanding professor though, so I have hope that I'll make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment