Monday, July 21, 2008
the great outdoors
I finally got to go camping and get out of this freakin house and city. Jeff and I, along with our friends Jon and Lisa went up the Clackamas River a ways. It was so beautiful and quiet! We ate fatty camping meals (the best meals in my opinion), drank weird drinks we normally don't drink (hazelnut vodka) and slept on a hard but refreshing ground. The next day, we hiked to the river and the boys went fishing While Lisa and I just hung out with the fearless dog, Porter, who seemed think he could crawl out of deep water up the sides of huge boulders like his paws were made of velcro. After about an hour he was spent, his paws were bleeding and he had some gashes in his legs. He gave me a few heart attacks as well, when I thought he would fall backwards and hit his head or if he jumped in there would be shallow rocks I thought he would belly flop on. Anyway, we got home last night and he slept well into the day today with the droopiest eyes. Me too . . . I must say, climbing around on huge rocks and hiking even a short trail, kicked my ass also.
Today I had to go to the dentist because part of my gums were swollen and bleeding. It had been sore for a few days but I didn't think much of it. But it was bad this morning. Well, on Thursday night Audrey, Jaime and I went out for Audrey's birthday. Apparently, even though I don't like it much, I had some popcorn? Some got caught up in there. I am glad I went in otherwise I'd have gotten an infection. But seriously, why did I eat popcorn? There was some other crazy stuff that night, if you're in the know, you already know. =)
So I'm still pretty tired, but think I'm amping up for the next wonderful treatment. I get scans after this one so that will be good to get the progress update. I can't believe it will be T8, time is flying! So is summer, dang it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment