Friday, June 27, 2008

T6


So, its supposed to be halfway, but I think by going through mid-October there might be more like 13 in all. Who knows. Yesterday was smooth and painless. I didn't even have to see the doc. I did run into him and ask when I am getting scans to see about my progress. He said he was satisfied with my chest xray I got at the last treatment and doesn't want to expose me to any more radiation right now... which has been a lot lately. I got blood drawn then went straight to the treatment room, which is finally done being remodeled so we're not cramped like sorry ass cancer patients anymore. There is actually elbow room and guests can be cozy too. Although I never have guests. I get dropped off and then picked up. Which is fine by me because they sedate me pretty well and I don't talk much. I get to just daze off with my ipod. I think that sounds bad, but its actually nice. Probably the only time I ever slow down and chill out ... thanks to the benedryl and ativan! I couldn't do it alone. After I was done, I did my usual nap then had insomnia all night. I was up at 7am. I am exhausted but my body just won't sleep. I will take sleeping pill tonight... I am just chilling in my chair so its like a mock nap even if I'm typing. I get the dumb shot later today. (Actually, I just got a call from dr. office and they want me to see him today when I get my shot...weird)

So, I have officially decided to shave the noggin'. Not because I look too horrible. Everyone thinks I look great! However, there is a huge lack of hair in the crown region. I am getting sun burnt there and the scalp feels sore. I know I could just start wearing my scarves and hats but how hot would that be with little hair I do have? I also could just shave where its thin and have a wrap around like Dr. Phil but maybe leave some bangs. ha! that would be awesome. Nah, its all getting shaved. I wont do the razor thing right away, maybe like 1/4-1/2" or so. I think it'll be liberating. I am ready for it, when else in my life will I do this!
Well, summer classes are starting. YUCK. Its only 7 credits but still... I can't wait for Sept. when I am actually done done. However, I will not get my actual degree mailed to me since I am not going to pay my summer tuition. Its about the amount of the deposit they kept and well, I can't just fork out that kind of money right now. Not when I have to live on less than part time wages at my low salary until Dec or so. I have talked with my advisor and she thinks I can take this one step further before accepting closure. Its with the VP of academic affairs. I will set this meeting up next week.

OH YEAH, I almost forgot to write about graduation! It was very awesome. It went really well and all of us getting BFA-Interior Design were there but one. It was short, well a couple of long speeches could have been shortened. Afterward, we had a fun bbq here at the house. It was so good to have the support of my close friends and family. I couldn't have graduated or have put on a kick ass bbq without them! Most importantly my dad, sister, Jeff and Juan. Others that I couldn't have done it without are Carl (did a zillion things), Lynne (bought everything I forgot to buy), Roberta (yummy greek plate), Tracey (yummy desserts), JeffL & Irene (loaned tables and chairs) and Jon (loaned us the smoker). Jeff smoked two turkeys and they were amazing!! Oh and thanks to whoever kept filling my glass FULL of champagne or wine... thanks a lot for that. I really want to emphasize my thanks to Jeff. He has been my biggest support since I have been back in school. I would have taken a much longer path to get my degree without him. His intelligence and creativity also pushed me to want more. Thanks, Jeff.

Well, thats all I have in me right now. Send some e-mails and comments... I love hearing from everyone and its not happening much these days. Oh, don't forget about the calendar too!

No comments: