I guess I have been slacking in my posts? Life just hasn't been that exciting lately. Well, school is done for the term AND I am graduating on Saturday. Not "real" graduating though...I still have two classes to take this summer but they let you walk at commencement if you will be finishing within one term. So, technically, I am not graduating but rather "walking across a stage". Final thesis reviews were on Tuesday before my treatment. I didn't get reviewed but I went in support of all my classmates who worked their patooties off. The projects were really cool to see. Its weird to think of everyone at the beginning of the year and how much their projects changed and developed. Some were completely different from where they started. I displayed my project as well as the watercolors I did. Everyone's stuff will remained pinned up for an open house/exhibition this Friday night that we are doing with the other BFA students. If you want to check it out, let me know and I'll give you details.
Since I finished my stuff for thesis during the weekend before, I had the great pleasure of helping my friend Valerie put the final touches on her project. I got to help her put her boards together which was nice because I like doing that and didn't have to this term. I want to take a moment to mention Valerie's mom. While Val was studying in Rome last year, her mom was diagnosed with cancer and only given a few months to live. Val has been by her side taking care of her with her sister and dad every weekend and I commend her for finishing school. Despite the odds, her mom stayed strong for a full year. She passed this past Saturday and I am incredibly sorrowful for Valerie and her family. I am posting this as a sort of cancer awareness... four out of fifteen people in thesis are affected by cancer right now, its very worrisome. Those of us graduating will be wearing a purple ribbon which stands for general cancer awareness. Deep breath...hard to keep going on that note.
This past weekend I actually got my hair trimmed thanks to Roberta! It has been since April but it seems that the hair in the very back has grown some. I can't say the same for the front or crown area but at least its all blended now. Roberta had her clippers on hand just incase I was ready to shave, but I think I can wait a bit longer. People still can't tell how thin my hair is so I guess I'll go with it. It is annoying me in a major way, but I guess I'm not ready to part yet. My doc is still surprised every time he sees me because I still have it. I guess most people have been robbed of their hair by T3. hahaha (evil laugh) my hair will outlive them all!
My sister, Bri, and dad come in today. I am super excited to see them! I am sad that my ma had to stay behind tough. She recently had surgery and is still recovering. Her healing isn't going as smooth as hoped so she will have to have more surgery when my dad gets home. I know she will be there in spirit though!
I think thats all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment