Monday, July 06, 2009

HALF

The phrase of the day: “did you do it?” The answer: “F yes I did!”

I ran my first half marathon bright and early Saturday morning… I’m talking beyond any time a human should be awake. It was a great temperature out and it wasn’t too crowded. When coming over the bridge, Sauvie island had a light dusting of fog glimmering in the early sun. SO beautiful. The whole run was beautiful. So, the night before I told myself that I was going to run the whole thing… After more thought however, I decided this wasn’t realistic given that the furthest I had ran was only weekend before and only 9 miles. This half was 4 miles further than that. I’m happy to report that I actually pulled it off and ran the whole thing except a couple of water stations…WOOO! I knew that ideally my pace would be a 10min mile or less. This is also something I didn’t expect to achieve this early in my training. I pulled off 10:20. I’m still in shock. :) My friend that I was going with couldn’t make it very last minute. So, Diana thankfully was my pinch running mate. I am so glad she could make it, she is an awesome support. She kicked ass…she hasn’t been training and still ran the whole thing.

So that was the 4th, it was tough pulling off the rest of the day but I did manage to get out and be social. I headed to Rob’s where I consumed massive amounts of sangria and grasshopper pie! Blech, it makes me feel sick to think about it. I didn’t stay up all night (eating Jon D’s smoked meat) as in years past since I didn’t have my annual party to host… I was good and went home early to tend to lil Porter… the biggest wussie dog ever. Actually, in all seriousness, I was really worried about the fella. He has never reacted this negatively in years past to fireworks. The night before my run he kept me up all night trying to get as close as possible to me and smothering me in his hot panting stinky breath… I tried benadryl and valerian…nothing worked. I don’t think he slept for 24 hours straight which is weird for him.

Anyway, it was a great three day weekend and it royally sucks to be back at work…

i can't tell if i'm excited or nervous...either way i gotsta stretch

No comments: