Lets get this out of the way... My three month blood work was NORMAL. WOO HOO!!! I was so nervous. Phew.
So I skipped a big training run Saturday...12 miles! Not only because I am lazy, but I also realized Friday night that I was going to do a scramble today. So this weeks long run was cut down to 6 miles and I was going to do another 6 at the scramble. Unfortunately this week, I pulled something in the hip flexor area that has been giving me some discomfort but I didn’t think much of it. When I did the run yesterday it really started to bother me and I had to walk the last mile... SO annoying. So I called my acupuncturist and she got me in right away, which was AWESOME. We worked it pretty good. According to her its my gluteus medius and quadratus lumburum...um yeah, i don’t know what those are either. :) We did a pretty heavy working over and by the end of last night it hurt to walk and I couldn’t even sleep on that side. Today it was too sore still to do the scramble :( which really sucked. It actually feeling a bit better now though.
OK, its not that I’m lazy but for some reason, ever since I did the half, I have really been slacking on my training. Its like I’m bored of running or something and can always think of something better to do. :) I’ll ramp it back up this week. The awesome donations I’m getting and the planning of my fundraiser are putting some fire under my ass. The fund raiser is Sunday, 08.30.09 at Pour Wine Bar.
The weekend wasn’t just about running... there was plenty of good music and fun with the ladies to be had. Friday was Ra Ra Riot, The New Pornographers and Death Cab... the show was ok. Death cab sounds the same at every show. Plus we were a little too far back for good sound. We also ended up on the side where everyone sat and yelled at you if you stood up...LAME. Saturday was much better. It was awesome to see blind pilot, andrew bird and even the decemberists, who i have seen several times. They did a cover of Crazy on you by heart which really kicked ass. The women in the band have stellar voices.
Today = LAZY. My awesome neighbor, Karen, woke me up around 10 (thankfully) and we did coffee and Saturday Market... I havent been there for ages! Mimosa’s and movies followed. What a fab weekend!!
I want to take a moment and let my friends and family who have recently lost their jobs during STUPID layoffs know that they are in my thoughts. I will keep my ears peeled and my fingers crossed. It will get better I swear! love ya
No comments:
Post a Comment