Monday, June 29, 2009

run bike and sun

I loved this weekend. Truly. Madly. Deeply. :) Friday was an awesome night of Cowboy bike riding. I never thought I’d see so many people dressed as cows riding bikes at once... The best part was our little 100 biker parade being pulled over by a cop telling us to stop corking or quirking or queeking. Thats a new term... corking or whatever is when you block all lanes of traffic from passing. hmmmm. nobody looked mad, they were too busy staring. :) It was a ride that was part of Pedalpolooza. A two week event here in Portland promoting bike riding and its population. It kicked off two weeks ago with a naked bike ride. Thousands of folks here in Portland rode their bikes in a rally that was chaperoned by cops... yes, that right folks, thousands of naked people riding their bikes legally through downtown pdx!! Anyway, I hope that even though Portland is one of the best bike cities in the US that it will become even more harmonious. :)

So I did make it home early enough to take Po to the park and get to bed at decent time to gear up for my long training run at 7am. 9 miles... I was actually nervous! I didn’t think I’d be able to do it or at least that I would die in the middle and question WTF I’m doing. Not only did I do it, but I did the whole thing without stopping! Not only did I do the whole thing without stopping, I did 3 miles uphill up Thurman and into Leaf Erickson trail... thats right! I rocked it! So, it was no surprise when I had margaritas at 3pm with Roberta at Por Que No, it all went downhill from there. I think the night ended with us drinking lots of wine and watching Hulu.com clips. Oh what fun. The next day I actually got crap done. After doing the mandatory laundry and taking Po to the park, I went on a really awesome bike ride with Carl, Gabe, Matt and Eric. I think it might have been my longest biking distance since I don’t bike for sport.... 30 miles or so. It kicked my ass... oh and I got fried. “Nah, I don’t need sunscreen” I said to Carl. We decided to bbq, so I went home to feed the pup and change... but I had the pleasure to lock myself out of my apt. awesome.

So, needless to say, I am beat today. I am feeling good about the half marathon coming up this weekend.... I think... It will be a great way to spend the 4th since I'm starting new traditions. I will miss my annual Verwin blow sh*t up 4th o july bash ...

giddy up!

roman candle war with across the street

7.4.08


No comments: