I sure as hell hope the marathon goes like today's training run did. Since the Cinco de mayo 10K every run where I up my mileage is the furthest I've ever ran. Today's run with my training group was set at either 4, 7 or 10 miles depending on your level and if you're doing a half or full. I am at the 7 level. I wanted to do the 10, but knew that would be overdoing it. We are given a specific mapped out route, which is great because I always find someone at my pace to run with. It also means if you have any troubles (some people have never ran in there whole life til this training) there are people there to help you and if you don't check out (we check in and out) someone will look for you. Anyway, I did the 7 and the only thing bothering me was my left arch ankle...but nothing too severe. So decided to keep going like the bunny, because I felt good. I did another mile! I am excited about that. This is a good sign since I'm doing a half marathon soon.
I was pretty pooped post run...not only because of the run but this waking up so damn early is killing me! I went to see Portland Cello Project last night - which was amazing. That put me out until 12am or so. I need to start staying in on Friday nights... Get the new PCP cd, it is excellent! They have some awesome Justin Timberlake covers on there as well as a great artist, Thao. So, even being pooped I made it to a movie with Roberta, "Wiener takes all: A dogumentary". It was an interesting inside scoop on wiener dog racing. We had drinks after and now i'm more pooped...you'd think that would stop me, but no, i'm heading out with my friend Diana now. Interestingly, her and I have been friends since middle school. We rekindled the friendship a few years ago and have been hanging out more recently since we're both single and like the same music. We have been to a couple of shows together.
Anyway, 8 miles! YAY! Mt. Hood scramble is next weekend...hope i'm ready.
Note: On the left I post my weekly long run mileage. I have now added my weekly mileage as well.
1 comment:
You inspired me, Dawn - I ran 8 miles this morning! I figured if you could do then so could I. Thanks for that. Great job.
Post a Comment