I haven't been upping my mileage much. I did my first training run with my team last saturday and it was 6 miles. So I am moving on from there. Tomorrow we are doing 7, the next weekend we are doing 9! Its so hard for me because we run at 7:30 am. I never run in the morning unless its a race or something. And those who know me, know that I am NOT a morning person at all. So its tough, but its better than running in the heat. The other hard thing is I need to start chilling out on Friday nights and getting to bed at a decent time. Last friday I went to see a local band I really like, The Dimes. Then after was another great group so I couldn't get myself to go home early. I went to bed at 1am and had to get up at 6am! This will definitely be changing. I do have a show tonight, but it will be an earlier night. I am going to see Portland Cello Project...should be fantastic.
I had the best run I've had in awhile yesterday up at Forest Park. Its so quiet, cool and peaceful up there. My knees also liked it much better. There are so many amazing smells and I love running through the trees. It really kicked my ass though. I need to do it a couple more times before I run the Mt. Hood Scramble on the 21st. That is a run in the woods up at Mt. Hood. I'll be running through streams and bushes getting all muddy...can't wait!
I have also signed up for othe Sauvies Island half marathon on 7/4. It will be my first half and i'm not sure what to expect. I will have only ran 9 maybe 10 miles by then. It will be good to gauge where I'm at though.
In other news, I am in the process of organizing a fundraiser for TNT. I am going to hold a silent auction with a live band or two. I have a venue and have started gathering auction items. The only thing I need is a band. I am putting my feelers out and have asked some bands I like, but those are the hard ones to get! I'll keep you posted but this should be taking place by the end of august. Let me know if you want to volunteer your time. I am also looking for auction items so if you or someone you know owns a business or makes cool things let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment