Friday, March 27, 2009

au revoir la paris!

I was so sad to leave Paris! I didn't get my credit card til the day I left then I had to wait for them to open to activate. I finally got it squared away and headed to Pisa. My flight didn't get in until after midnight and my hotel ended up being WAY far from the airport. It was a dicey place but close to the ocean in a quiet town. I woke up late only to go back to Pisa to catch a train to cinque terre. I picked the town of monterosso to land. It's low season and this is the busiest town. Even so, I went to have dinner at 8 and the town was dead. Italians have dinner late... Like 9 so i had a drink and waited. Still nothing, half the places were closed. I found a place anyway, ate and came back to the room to read. Im reading The Road, great book. I found a good deal on my room. I have view of the ocean and breakfast for 50€.

I had an interesting commute here. On the bus from my hotel back to Pisa this morning, I had the most unfriendly bus driver. I didn't think anything of it, I mean c'mon he is Italian after all! Service is not their forte. Then this young girl got on the bus and they exchanged some heated words. She went and sat down and not a minute later she stood up and started yelling very loudly in fast Italian. He came back at her even louder. This must've went on for 2 or 3 minutes then other riders started in also. I just sat there completely clueless! What the?

Then, while on the train, abnoxious americans got on...a girl about my age and two guys who I overheard were 20. They were wearing basketball shorts and tank tops. The weather was nice but I was still wearing a wool coat! Anyway, next thing I know I hear her talking about her boob job and how her dr told her to go bigger etc. Now she regrets it she says then let's out a giggle. the boys were beside themselves! Then they got way annoying and I finally got to get off.

This place is beautiful! So much that it's hard to not be here sharing it with someone. I might head to Venice after this and meet up with micaelas friend mike and his buddies for some social interaction... Well see!

No comments: