Saturday, March 14, 2009

CIAO!!

I can't believe I am finally leaving today, almost a year after the original plan. Yesterday was the anniversary of my initial diagnosis. I am happy I just remembered that now and not yesterday. That is definite progress!

I fly out of Portland at 4:50pm for a ten hour flight to Amsterdam. I have a 7 hour layover so I'm going to take the 15 min. train ride to the city center and just walk around. Will I consume some brownies? You betcha! I'm on vacation!

From Amsterdam I fly into Roma. I get in around 8:40pm their time which is 12:40pm here. I will be traveling for 20 hours by the time I get there. I will be meeting up with Micaela and Virginia at our digs, Hotel Navona. Right in the heart of Piazza Navona! Can't wait.

Itinerary:
3/15-18 Rome
3/18-21 Florence
3/21-25 Paris
3/25 Pisa
3/25-30 Cinque Terre and northern riviera coast
3/30-4/2 Southern Coast
4/2-4 Rome
4/4 Home

I don't know what else to say... I'm all nerves right now! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kareena said...

Dawn, I hope you are having the trip of a lifetime. I can't wait to hear about it.