I don't think I mentioned that I saw a naturopath last week for the first time. Her name is Michelle, she is pretty cool. I am now on some good herbs and supplements that I think are helping ward off the fatigue and some digestion issues. They are pretty benign simple things. I have also started putting this greenfood stuff in a smoothie or juice every day. This is a very good thing since I am horrible about eating greens. I eat salad a couple of times a week but she wants me doing two servings a day... that is hard to obtain! In all, I have started eating a lot better like I did before treatments started. The lower steroid dose is really helping too. Other than that I just have a pesty cough that won't go away but I'm not sick or anything.
The hair is, well, thinning. I think I have lost about half now. Since it was so thick to begin with, you can't tell unless you look close. The crown is the worst spot but I can still cover it up... no comb over jokes!
I also went to sera's annual ESOP celebration. This is where we find out what our employee stock value was evaluated at for the year before. I didn't think it would be much of a celebration and that our price would go down, so I wasn't going to go... but there was scrumptious food and beverage after all! To my surprise, our stock went up! I am also now 60% vested so that was some happy grown up stuff.
Tomorrow I am heading to Bend overnight with my friend, Natalie. I was starting to have a panic attack because Jeff couldn't go and nobody was interested in buying. Maybe that says something about the bands I was going to see? hmm Anyway, Natalie is an old friend and we haven't really hung out much in the last few years. We used to do girl trips all the time in our early 20's so this will be fun! We are seeing Mates of State, Decemberists and Death Cab.
Treatment is on Tuesday, I hope it goes as well as the last 3. After this one I think I get some scans to see how my body is taking the treatment and if the cancer is being zapped by the evil Super Chemo. I will write more after that. Have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember, its not just about burgers and beer!


Here are really old pics of Natalie and I back in 1999-2000.
No comments:
Post a Comment