Friday, August 08, 2008
T9
Went fine. Today I'm blahsay but thats normal right? I found out that the high res scan I had last week shows no signs of permenant lung damage but definitely pneumotitis. That is just a general term given to inflamed lung tissue. I have all my follow up stuff next week with the pulmotologist and I'm confident we'll find I'm healing up nicely. I also learned yesterday that my red blood cell and hemoglobin counts are getting low. There is usually a drug they use to help this (like they are with my white cells), but the FDA just ruled that the drug can't be used on cancer patients where the doctor is going for a cure. Meaning the side effects are too great but it is still a good use for prolonging the life of someone with a poor prognosis. Of course this is Dawn's abbreviated, no medical knowledge version. They're not worried about my counts yet. However, lets say they kept dropping, I would not be able to take this drug and would have to do a transfusion instead. So, I will upping the volume of meat, bean and spinach I eat... that should do the trick.
THANKS YOUS
I want to thank my awesome friends for their kind contributions this week. Erin S. brought over an amazing meal yesterday, and the cool thing was I didn't even expect it! Erika had intentions to bring dinner but there was a mix up. It all worked out nicely though. Audrey took Porter for a bike ride that kicked his booty after she cleaned up the house! And tonight, Irene is bringing a scrumptious dinner and movie while Roberta is bring super green and yummy grasshopper pie. I can't forget to thank Gabe for taking me to get my shot today. Although I know he secretly wanted to sit in a blistery hot car and listen to talk radio while he waited. And one more thank you to Tracey for taking some of my crap off my hands for her garage sale. Sorry, nothing more exciting to report...Good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment