Since it has been A VERY LONG while, I thought I would write an update, especially for the fam since I'm so bad at calling. :)
I can't believe that it was four years ago I was having a bunch of firsts that I didn't welcome with open arms. My first CT Scan (I've had about 12 now), first surgery, first treatment, first time being on over 10 drugs at once, first (and hopefully last!) divorce, first time graduating with bachelor degree (that was welcome), first time really taking a hard look at who I am and want to be...
A lot of time has passed and I am so happy to say that I just had a follow up scan and am still in the clear. Three years in remission! At this point, Dr. Smith isn't super concerned with a relapse. We are now keeping a watch for secondary cancers and heart disease that may occur from the chemo and radiation. Secondary cancers often take years to rear their ugly head, but I'm lucky that I'm being closely watched and if anything comes up it will be caught early.
As funny as it sounds, I still believe a lot of positive came out of 2008. I was forced to really figure myself out and heal from the divorce in a healthy way by actually dealing with it. I now have more true and genuine friendships and relationships. I have eased the feisty stubbornness although there is still a lot there because what fun would that be?! I need to maintain my namesake of Dawnski Fire Pantalones. (Thanks for that one, Jeff)
Last year, I ran two half marathons and Hood to Coast and have decided to a break from long distance running for awhile. I am enjoying some new activities like dragon boats and rock climbing. And even though I feel as if my back is dying a slow death, I'm having a kick ass time. I've gotten back into hiking and biking as well. I really need a new road bike though...
Besides all of that, work, friends and Porter there is not much else going on! I'm enjoying life and hope to soon find a partner to enjoy it with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment