Last weekend I went to San Diego to visit Micaela. I had the most relaxing, fun, just what the doctor ordered trip ever! Seriously, when I was diagnosed, one of the first things Dr. Quarterman told me after the initial blow was “You have to be selfish throughout this period of your life”. I can honestly say I have not really followed those orders. I mean, I treat myself to things like a monthly pedicure and acupuncture but I haven’t been in the mindset of “all that really matters is Dawn right now”. So, this trip, I didn’t worry about the money I didn’t have, how much I drank, or if I was in the sun too long. I got to go to the beach and read two days in a row, I ate at my fave two breakfast spots, checked out two hot new restaurants, shopped (which I don't do!), watched cable, went to La Jolla and had margaritas at the best mexican place ... I could go on and on. I will post a link to the pictures soon.
I got back late on Sunday night and started radiation on Monday. The first time was a little long because they had to do a bunch of x-rays to make sure everything was a go. I had to be in the claustrophobic mask for about 30 min. Every appointment thereafter I’m only in it for 10 min or so. I had the tech take pictures last time so I will post one soon after I find my camera cord that I packed. The first appointment was really scary. I got a lot of anxiety on sunday night and even called in to work on Monday. I ended up going in for a couple of hours to distract myself. Carl went with me to the first one. Its so weird when the actual radiation is happening. I can’t feel a thing but I do feel like something is happening and its scary. The machine makes a wicked noise and I can’t open my eyes to see whats going on! So far, I’ve just had a tender throat, hot skin and sore lymphnodes. By friday, I was super lethargic but still able to function normal. Hopefully next week is just as easy.
Anyway, I wish I could write more but there is still packing to do!
2 comments:
Good luck with moving and everything. The good thing about moving is it makes you get rid of the things you really don't need. Everyone needs a good move every so often! Glad to hear your first week of radiation wasn't too bad. You're always in my thoughts and prayers, if you ever need anything, let me know!
What Micaela has cable? I am glad you are doing well, and hopefully this radiation will take care of everything. You might be surprise as to how much can fit in an apartment, I swear sometimes we had more room in our apartment than we have in our house (we had lots of storage at the old apartment).
Post a Comment